Touhou Puppet Play 1.812 Emerald
There's currently a giveaway event going on. Details can be found here.
This is a ROM hack of Pokemon Emerald based on Touhou Puppet Play 1.812.
The current version can be nabbed >here< (last updated October 19th, 2013). This requires a clean Emerald (U) ROM.
Both the IPS and BPS files are included in the download now. Links to patching utilities are also included with their respective patches.
If you do not use a clean Emerald ROM and patch over an older build of this hack instead, things will break.
Let's just call this version 1.025. Just about everything does what I want it to do, but there's a few small things I have planned for the future. They can wait, though.
If you wish to distribute this hack, then please link to this page instead of linking directly to the Mediafire link - it cuts back on distribution of old versions, and on each update, the previous Mediafire link is set to private.
Also, please do not distribute a pre-patched ROM file (including compilations), nor any of your own "super awesome and cool" modifications you make to the hack itself.
Both archive files include a patch for the hack and many useful extra files to make things a bit easier on you, including stuff such as:
- The level curve
- Character locations
- A type chart
.. and a few more things. If you need to see them online for some reason, then you can see them all >here< as well.
As for why to play this over the mesh of other Touhoumon hacks, here's a feature list:
- It's Hoenn instead of Kanto
- A fully functional Physical/Special split
- It's 1.8 instead of 1.5, meaning balance among characters
- Custom Ten Desires characters that can be obtained during the course of the main game
- The ability to obtain Shard evolutions without needing the National Dex, creating vast team diversity (and also allows breaking the game to a degree)
- Three "custom ubers" replacing Hoenn's weather trio, if you're into that kind of thing
- Enemy trainers that rely more on movesets to be challenging rather than high stats or levels
- Emerald's music is untouched instead of being a bunch of really loud (and bad) remixes of Love Colored Master Spark
- Removal of the low HP beep so you aren't punished for playing with sound on
- Minimal text editing meaning while people talk about Pokemon and whatnot in the script, there's no memes thrown around
- The Battle Frontier
If you're interested in playing against other people in Touhoumon, why not check out the Shoddy Battle server instead of fiddling about with VBALink?
And now, for the bug list! Boy oh boy, bug lists.
SUPER TOP TIER GAMEPLAY ALTERING THINGS:
PRETTY ANNOYING THINGS THAT ARE ONLY SOMETIMES AN ISSUE:
* Nothing that I know of, again. I've heard that the Universal Randomizer doesn't randomize movepools though, which I have no control over. Sorry!
AESTHETIC OR OTHERWISE SMALL THINGS:
* Breeding a Chibi Seiga without Lax Incense will produce a Chibi Yuki; Seiga can breed normally though
* Similarly, breeding whatever are in Marill/Azumarill slots with a Sea Incense will produce an Attack Suika
* Potential typos? Please point these out to me!
YES YES I KNOW LEAVE ME ALONE:
* The Word Select menus make absolutely no sense with how the new attacks/species are placed
* Most NPC speech is unedited, such as Maxie going on about summoning Groudon. It is properly decapitalized though
* Contests are completely unedited, thus they're a little absurd
I think I've squashed most everything else that was in these sections, though. Let me know if something creeps up.
This page will be updated whenever there's an actual update to the hack, so I guess that's all I have to say about this now.
If you need to contact me, there's an obligatory tumblog that you can use to:
- Fire unrelated questions at me
- Report an obvious bug I missed
- Give me a shiny Tenshi
- Ask to mix records
.. so on, so forth.
Finally, here's probably way too many some screenshots that probably don't say much of anything. Todo: retake them for the decapitalization: